Award Title: Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care
Programme Co-ordinator: Deirdre Dowling
Award Code: 6M21471
Award Code: 414194
This is the second stage of a two-year programme which will provide learners with the opportunity of achieving an Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care. This programme will equip learners with the relevant skills, knowledge and experience for working professionally in the Early Learning and Care sector. Learners will also acquire professional skills and qualities for working with children with Special Needs through the modular content and the Professional Work Placement. Learners may progress to honours degree programmes in the Early Learning and Care fields after completing this programme.
- The Developing Child (6C21519)
- Curriculum and Pedagogy (6C21520)
- Supervision and Administration Skills in Early Learning and Care (6C21522)
- Inclusive Early Learning and Care (6C21521)
- Advanced Professional Practice Placement in Early Learning and Care (6C21517)
- Sociology and Social Policy in Early Learning and Care (6C21518)
Special Entry Requirements:
- Applicants will have completed Stage One, the Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care
- Prior Learning in the industry will be considered for entry
- All applicants will be interviewed and Garda Vetted
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to achieve a competency rating to Level B2 on the CEFRLO framework. This will have been completed as part of the Stage One application.
Professional Practice Placement:
- Students will undertake and complete 150 hours of Professional Practice Placement in a TUSLA registered Early Years Setting
- The Early Years setting will accommodate children from 0-6years.
- All students going out on Work Placement will have completed the Children First Programme
- Following completion of Stage Two, learners will have a recognised Professional Qualification in Early Learning and Care Level 6 which will entitle them to work in a variety of Early Learning and Care settings as Room Leaders
- There are defined progression routes to Level 7 and 8 Degree programme in the Early Learning and Care fields