Award Title: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Nursing Studies
Programme Co-ordinator: Olive Keyes
Award Code: 5M4349
Programme Description: This is a one-year, full-time programme that provides learners with an introduction to nursing and the health-related fields.
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749)
- Nursing Theory and Practice (5N4325)
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279)
- Care Provision and Practice (5N2705)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Nutrition (5N2006)
- Biology (5N2746)
- Infection Prevention and Control (5N3734)
Special Entry Requirements:
- A PASS grade in Biology and Maths (O) is desirable
- Garda Clearance is required
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
- Opportunities to progress to linked nursing degree programmes in Ireland
- Opportunities to progress to nursing programmes in the United Kingdom
- Opportunities to progress to further and higher education
- Care Assistant positions in hospitals, nursing homes and various community care settings
- Opportunities to progress to paramedical programmes.
- Learners have the option of additional short courses in Fire Safety, Cardiac First Responder and Safe Breakaway Training.