at Grennan Mill Craft School
Award Title: QQI Level 6 Certificate in Art
Programme Co-ordinator: TBD
Award Code: 6M4029
On this one year course, with hands on tuition from craft practitioners, learners will explore and develop their creative and technical skills and gain confidence to progress further in the field of contemporary craft, art and design.
- Creative Application Ceramics (6N3445)
- Printmaking (6N3568)
- Silversmithing & Fabrication (6N4026)
- Woven Textiles (6N3910)
- Drawing (6N3569)
- Design Skills (6N3446)
- Constructive Thinking Skills (6N3448)
- Exhibition Techniques (6N3427)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
Special Entry Requirements:
- Successful completion of QQI/ FETAC
- Level 5 in Art, Craft & Design or equivalent experience in all modules.
- Applicants will be asked to present a portfolio of work samples at interview
- Based on the quality of their portfolio, learners may gain advanced entry to a range of 3rd level courses, including direct entry to second year of some degree courses.
- Opportunities to specialise in a chosen craft by progressing to courses such as DCCOI Pottery Skills course and DCCOI Jewellery Skills course.
This is a full time course – students are required to cover all modules.