with Health Promotion
Award Title: QQI Level 5 Certificate Sports, Recreation & Exercise
Programme Co-ordinator: Iva Polcic
Award Code: 5M5146
Programme Description: This course has been designed in response to the wellness movement that has captured the sports, recreation and exercise world. The addition of new modules such as Health Promotion and Understanding Mental Health bring a new focus which captures the importance of maintaining an active and healthy body and mind. Learners also have the opportunity to obtain the Certificate in Exercise and Fitness provided by the National Council for Exercise and Fitness and accredited by the University of Limerick (subject to numbers).
- Sport and Recreation Studies (5N2667)
- Exercise and Fitness (5N2668)
- Customer Service (5N0972)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Nutrition (5N2006)
- Leisure Facility Administration (5N4666)
- Understanding Mental Health (5N3772)
- Health Promotion (6N2214)
- Sports Anatomy and Physiology (5N4648)
Special Entry Requirements:
- Garda Clearance may be required if work placement involves working with children or vulnerable adults
- Medical clearance may be required.
- Opportunities to progress to further and higher level education in the fields of Applied Health Care, Exercise and Health Studies, Recreation and Sport Management and Health Promotion
- Opportunities to work in gym instruction, personal training, coaching, sports retail and various health and fitness related positions
- Opportunities to connect with organisations that are currently working across Kilkenny in sport, recreation and public health
Learners have the option of additional short courses throughout training. This will include First Aid and a suite of short courses facilitated by national governing organisations. Learners will also avail of a special project with Castlecomer Discovery Park who facilitate the practical learning element of the Adventure Activities minor award.