Award Title: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Legal Studies
Programme Co-ordinator: Aoife Duffy
Award Code: 5M3789
Programme Description: This is a one-year, full time programme which provides a foundation for those intending to pursue a career with An Garda Síochana, the Defence Forces or Security Organisations by focusing on a number of key areas important to the sector. Further studies in the area of Criminology, law and word processing help the learner develop skills and techniques for a career in business and commerce.
- Legal practice and Procedures (5N1394)
- Business Law (5N2091)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Safety and Health at Work (5N1794)
- Criminology (5N2107)
- Criminal Law (5N3787)
- Exercise and Fitness (5N2668)
- This course is an ideal foundation for those interesting in pursuing a career with An Garda Síochána. Graduates may also apply for positions in a legal, business or security settings. This course is supported by our progression links with SETU and National Universities.
Additional Training & Trips:
- Short courses will be offered in first aid and fire safety. A visit to the Criminal Courts of Justice and Kilkenny Court House will take place during the year.