Award Title: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Care
Programme Co-ordinator: Deirdre Dowling
Award Code: 5M2786
Programme Description: This course is to prepare and equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to work as Special Needs Assistants/Personal Assistants in various education settings and day care centres. The course is designed for those with a genuine interest in working with children, young people and persons with additional needs.
- Special Needs Assisting (5N1786)
- Equality and Diversity (5N1273)
- Human Growth and Development (5N1279)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Intellectual disability Studies (5N1652)
- Safety and Health (5N1794)
- Child Development (5N1764)
Special Entry Requirements:
- Garda Clearance is required
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
- This qualification will enable learners to apply for the position of Special Needs Assistant in a range of educational settings -Primary, Secondary & Further Education Settings
- There will also be employment opportunities in Day Care Centres for persons with Intellectual Disabilities and other needs.
- Budget 2022 has provided funding for 1165 new SNAs