Award Title: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Youth Work
Programme Co-ordinator: Aoife Duffy
Award Code: 5M4732
Programme Description: This is a one-year, full-time programme designed to provide learners with the essential practical and theoretical skills of youthwork practice, the role of the youth worker and an insight into challenges facing our communities.
- Understanding Youthwork (5N1366)
- Working with Young People (5N1384)
- Young People and Society (5N2002)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Criminology (5N2107)
- Community Addiction Studies (5N1834)
- Psychology (5N0754)
Special Entry Requirements:
- Garda Clearance is required
- Opportunities to progress to further and higher education programmes in the field of Social Studies, Youth Work, Social Care and Addiction Studies
- Opportunities to access employment positions in a range of community-based settings including Resource Centres and community projects, Youth Clubs, Activity Centres etc.